A Surgeon You Can Trust
Dr. Augenstein prioritizes your wants and needs above all. That means he takes the time to get to know you and listen to your concerns. His patients appreciate the genuine, honest advice and education they receive about the best way to achieve their cosmetic goals.
If a procedure won’t benefit you, Dr. Augenstein won’t recommend it. He isn’t afraid to say, “Surgery isn’t right for you.” The bottom line for him isn’t about dollar signs–it’s about your satisfaction and doing what’s right.
Integrity, honesty, and excellence are just a few of the words that best describe Dr. Adam C. Augenstein. Regarded by many as one of the best board-certified plastic surgeons in Charlotte, North Carolina, Dr. Augenstein has established a reputation for going above and beyond for his patients. Whether it’s using the latest surgical techniques to reduce downtime and speed healing, or giving his personal cell phone number to patients during their recovery, his top priority is always clear: You.
AND EXCEPTIONAL Results
No procedure is too big or too small for Dr. Augenstein. From simple BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments to complex facial surgery, he gives every procedure and patient his undivided attention. This ensures that you receive a thoughtful treatment plan and the personalized attention you deserve.
With his knowledge of both surgical and nonsurgical techniques, he delivers balanced, natural-looking results. His goal is to ensure your experience at Aesthetic Surgery of Charlotte is nothing short of exceptional.
Experience & Education
Dr. Augenstein trained at the University of Louisville with nationally recognized leaders in aesthetic plastic and reconstructive surgery. He completed two residencies–one in plastic and reconstructive surgery and one in head and neck surgery. He has been recognized for his achievements with several honors and awards both during and after medical school.
- 2010-2012 – University of Louisville
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Residency, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- 2006-2010 – University of Louisville
- Otolarynogology—Head & Neck Surgery Residency, Department of Otolaryngology
- 2005-2006 – University of Louisville
- General Surgery Internship, Department of Surgery
- 2001-2005 – University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine, Summa Cum Laude
- 1997-2001 – University of Kentucky
- Bachelor of Science Biology, Summa Cum Laude
Board Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
- North Carolina #2012-00490
- Kentucky #43766
- Texas #P2093
Focused on Innovation and Safety
Dr. Augenstein stays up-to-date on surgical techniques that will shorten your recovery time and enhance your safety while providing you with the best results. He is constantly researching and integrating new advances in plastic surgery into his practice, such as the Keller Funnel® for breast implant insertion, or the drainless technique for abdominoplasty. He follows meticulous safety protocols to minimize risk and create an excellent patient experience and outcome.
Dr. Augenstein is one of the few dual board-certified plastic surgeons in Charlotte, NC, having earned certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery. This an important achievement signifying a surgeon has completed specialized training and is recognized for their skill, experience, and talent in that discipline.
To become certified, Dr. Augenstein spent several years after medical school receiving supervised, in-practice training. He was also required to pass a comprehensive exam that assessed his medical knowledge, clinical competence, and judgment.
Dr. Augenstein stays ahead of the latest trends and techniques in plastic surgery by maintaining memberships in a number of professional organizations, including:
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Southeastern Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- The North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
As a leader in his field, Dr. Augenstein serves as a teacher and mentor by educating his peers and juniors through surgical presentations and demonstrations. He has also authored many publications in several academic journals.
- Carolinas Healthcare System: Main, Pineville, Mercy hospitals
- Novant Health Presbyterian, Huntersville, Matthews hospitals
- Choo J, Augenstein AC, et al. Anatomic Landmarks of the Distal Radioulnar Joint. Eplasty, 2015 Aug 14; 15.
- Hunstad JP, Krochmal DJ, Flugstad NA, Kortesis BG, Augenstein AC, Culbertson GR. Rivaroxaban for Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Abdominoplasty: A Multicenter Experience. AesthetSurg J. 2016 Jan; 36(1):60-6.
- Hunstad JP, Knotts CD, Augenstein AC. Circumferential Body Shaping: Appreciating the Deformity. Plastic Surgery Pulse News. 2013; 5(2): 1-4.
- Cappello ZJ, Augenstein AC, Potts KL, McMasters KM, Bumpous JM. Sentinel Lymph Node Status is the Most Important Prognistic Factor in Patients with Melanoma of the Scalp. The Laryngoscope, 123: 1411-15.
- Cappello ZJ, Kasdan ML, Augenstein AC,Shaheen SP. Squamous Cell Carcinoma in an Epidermoid Cyst. Eplasty, 2013 Apr 26; 13.
- Augenstein AC, Capello ZJ, Little JA, McMasters KM, Bumpous JM. The Importance of Ulceration of Cutaneous Melanoma of the Head and Neck: A Comparison of Ear (Pinna) and Non-ear Sites. The Laryngoscope, 122: 2468-72.
- Gadre AK, Augenstein AC. Recurrent Tympanic Membrane Perforation Following Medial Graft Tympanoplasty. Ear Nose Throat J, 2007 Dec; 86(12): 720.
- Potts KL, Augenstein A, Goldman JL. A Parallel Group Analysis of Tonsillectomy Using the Harmonic Scalpel vs Electrocautery Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005; 131: 49-51.
- Augenstein AC, Wilhelmi BJ. Anatomic landmarks of the distal radioulnar joint. Presentation at the Kentucky Society of Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting, September 21, 2010, Louisville, KY.
- Augenstein AC, McMasters KM, Bumpous JM. Ear Melanoma: The Sunbelt Melanoma Trial. Abstract & poster presentation, Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting, April 28 – May 2, 2010.
- Augenstein AC, McMasters KM, Bumpous JM. Scalp Melanoma: The Sunbelt Melanoma Trial. Abstract & poster presentation, The Triological Southern Section Meeting, January 9-11, 2009.
- Augenstein AC, Goldman JL. Revision adenoidectomy in the pediatric population. Abstract & oral presentation, The Triological Society Southern Section Meeting, January 10-12, 2008.
- Augenstein AC, Dowling RD, Gray LA, Etoch SW. In vivo evaluation of the Heartsaver left ventricular assist device. Abstract & poster presentation, Research Day Louisville, September 2002.
- Augenstein AC, Blondell RD, Bloom KK, Kraft WA, Dietz-Nawab C. Traumatic brain injury rehabilitation: prevalence of substance abuse disorders. Abstract & poster presentation, Research Day Louisville, September 2001.
- Cellulaze & CO2 Laser, HK Center, Huntersville, NC 2013
Honors & Awards
- University of Louisville Plastic Surgery Clinical Award 2012
- Serge A. Martinez, M.D., J.D. Outstanding Otolaryngology Resident Award 2010
- Banas & Rose Cohen Compassionate Service Award 2010
- Michael B. Nolph Otolaryngology Academic Award 2009
- U of L Otolaryngology Resident Research Award 2009
- Honorable Order of the Kentucky Colonels 2007
- Dr. George I. Uhde Award for Excellence in Otolaryngology 2005
- University of Louisville Medical School Dean’s Academic Merit Scholarship recipient, 2001—2005
- Honors Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine 2004
- Dr. Herbert Wald Phi Delta Epsilon Award finalist 2003
- Daviess County Medical Society Scholarship, 2001—2004
- Balfour Award Winner (outstanding senior chapter member), Lambda Lambda Chapter of Sigma Chi Fraternity, 2001
- University of Kentucky Dean’s List, Fall 1997—Spring 2001
- University of Kentucky Bluegrass Scholarship, 1997—2001
- Robert C. Byrd Merit Scholarship recipient, 1997—2001
Grand Rounds Presentations
- Mandible Fractures; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Grand Rounds February 1, 2012
- Facial Fractures; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Grand Rounds January 11, 2012
- Tissue Expansion; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Grand Rounds December 21, 2011
- Extensor Tendon Injuries; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Hand Conference December 5, 2011
- Pediatric Hand Injuries; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Hand Conference November 7, 2011
- Skin, Fat & Cartilage Grafts; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Grand Rounds July 20, 2011
- Chin Implants & Neck Contour; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Grand Rounds May 4, 2011
- Tendon Transfers; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Hand Conference February 21, 2011
- Cleft Lip; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Grand Rounds November 17, 2010
- Lip & Cheek Reconstruction; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Grand Rounds October 13, 2010
- Metacarpal & Phalangeal Fractures; Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Hand Conference April 16, 2010
- Pulsatile Tinnitus; Otolaryngology Grand Rounds September 4, 2009
- Rhytidectomy; Otolaryngology Grand Rounds October 26, 2007
- Congenital Vascular Lesions; Otolaryngology Grand Rounds September 15, 2006
Give Us A Call or Fill Out The Form To Schedule Your First Visit To Our Practice.
Subscribe to Receive Our Clinic News and Special Offers
News & Updates
Submit your review
Ever ask your nurse or doctor friend who they would recommend? Maybe you have wondered who operating room staff would go to for their plastic surgery procedure? It is Dr. Augenstein. I worked with a plastic surgeon a decade ago who educated me on what to look for in a surgeon if I ever felt the need for a "mommy makeover" after I was done having children. 10 years and 3 children later I decided it was time. As a physician myself, I have quietly watched the work of many plastic surgeons here in Charlotte and during my training, residency and fellowship in 2 other states waiting to meet one that would measure up to standard I was told years ago. It was with Dr. Augenstein that I found a match. What is the standard? For me it was Board Certification in Plastic Surgery, excellent surgical skill, deep medical knowledge and great bedside manner. He actually exceeds this standard. On my initial visit I told him about a friend who was going through personal difficulty. He has asked about her every time I have seen him after and went out of his way to help a women he had never met. I have seen him with his other patients and he genuinely has a deep caring for them personally and wants them to be happy with themselves and their results. During the consultation I inquired about Cool Sculpting he was honest and didn't up sell me on a procedure I didn't need. Fast forward to the procedure and my results. One of the other reasons I chose him was that he uses a Board Certified Anesthesiologist to oversee the anesthesia to provide his patients with the best care. I was EXTREMELY nervous the day of the procedure and he and the anesthesia team took incredible care of me. He and the anesthesiologists he uses practice multi-modal anesthesia to limit the amount of discomfort and nausea I had after the procedure. I felt so great after my tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation that I could have gone back to work after 4-5 days of rest! His office is immaculate and his office staff are top notch. I can go on and on and on. In fact, I would be willing to talk to you personally if you had any reservations about having the procedure I had or who to choose. He has my permission to give you my contact info.
Thank you "C.C." for your incredibly kind words!
I was referred to Dr. Augenstein by one of his patients. I had a bad reaction to Juvederm that was given to me elsewhere. He saw me right away as a new patient and has been working with me weekly to correct it. He is very personable as well as his staff. Couldn't ask for a better doctor! Highly recommend!